Sourdough Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Total Time: 42 minute
Incredible sourdough peanut butter cookie ice cream sandwiches made with soft, chewy peanut butter cookies and creamy vanilla ice cream. A true peanut butter lover’s dream!
- 120g Organic All Purpose Flour (I used Organic King Arthur All Purpose Flour)
- 120g Peanut Butter (100%)
- 120g Active Sourdough Starter (100%)
- 90g Coconut Sugar (75%)
- 60g Melted Organic Refined Coconut Oil (30%)
- 50g 1 Pastured Egg (42%)
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla
- 2g Sea Salt (2%)
- 1/4 + 1/8 TSP Baking Soda
- Vanilla Ice Cream (I love Van Leeuwen Vanilla Ice Cream)
- Organic Chopped Peanuts
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 egg.
- Melt coconut oil until it becomes liquid (warm but not hot). Now add coconut sugar, peanut butter, sourdough starter, salt, and coconut oil to the bowl (with the egg).
- Using a spoon, mix ingredients together until combined.
- Now add flour and baking soda. Using the back of your spoon and/or your hands combine all ingredients until you form a ball.
- Place your dough covered in a small Tupperware or wrap it in saran wrap. Be sure the dough is tightly sealed so it doesn’t become dry on the outside.
- Ferment your dough (at room temperature) on your counter for 10+ hours. You can ferment overnight or during the day, whatever works best for your schedule.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350f.
- Divide cookie dough into 4-6 cookies, depending on how large you want your cookies to be. I like each cookie to weigh around 50-55g.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies fully cool on the baking sheet (at least 1 hour)*. After 10 minutes, you can also pop them in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process. *It’s important to let the cookies cool so the ice cream doesn’t get too melty when you’re creating the ice cream sandwich.
- Flip a cooled cookie over and place a scoop of ice cream on top. Use your scoop to gently spread the ice cream to the edges. Sandwich a cookie on top and gently press it all together.
- Roll sides into organic chopped peanuts. Be quick during this process!
- Now place the ice cream sandwiches on a plate and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes (so it firms up a bit). And that’s it! Enjoy!
- If you’re not enjoying them right away, keep ice cream sandwiches on the plate in the freezer until it’s completely firm (this can be 2-3 hours or overnight) and then place them in a freezer bag or closed Tupperware.
- Fermentation Time: 10+ hours
- Cook Time: 8-12 Minutes
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookie, Sourdough Ice Cream Sandwich