The Best Corn Sourdough Bagels Ever
The best corn sourdough bagels ever! This fluffy, naturally sweet cornbread bagel is easy to make with under 8 ingredients. It has the perfect amount of sweetness thanks to a touch of honey and from the stone-ground masa. It will become your new go-to bagel to have with a little melty butter or cream cheese.
I was inspired to make this bagel after I fell in love with cornbread this year. I made my first sourdough cornbread for Thanksgiving and it instantly became my favorite dessert. I had it with Vanilla Bean Icecream and a little grass-fed butter. It was so moist, flavorful, and nutritious (thanks to sourdough fermentation!).
And more recently, I have been working on a Cornbread Muffin Mix to add to our Sourdough Baking Mix Collection (hopefully coming this Spring/Summer)
Here’s how I healthified this recipe:
- Masa instead of cornmeal (Masa is the traditional way of preparing corn + has similar health benefits to sourdough fermentation)
- The dough is naturally fermented with sourdough so it’s gut healthy and nutritious
- Raw Honey
- My favorite Nancy’s probiotic cream cheese. So delicious!
Here’s where to get Masa
More Sourdough Recipes You’ll Like
- Sourdough Bagel Recipe (Step by Step)
- French Toast Bagel Recipe
- Easy Sourdough Rolls
- Healthy Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls