Hey babes! If you’re following along, you know I absolutely LOVE sourdough bagels! And french toast sourdough bagels are even better. Also, for any sourdough bagel newbies, you might be wondering… what makes a sourdough bagel better than a regular bagel (made with yeast)? Sourdough bagels are ridiculously soft, they’re chewy, and so healthy for you too.
Sourdough bread (and bagels!) is unlike all other types of bread because it goes through a long and slow natural fermentation with wild yeasts and lactic acid bacteria. It’s how bread was made for most of human history, and this ancient, 6,000-year-old tradition has remarkable health benefits.
- Supports Gut Health
- Activates B Vitamins and minerals, like iron, zinc, and magnesium
- Degrades gluten
- Synthesizes prebiotic fiber
- Boosts Antioxidants
- Easy to Digest
- Low Glycemic
This French toast sourdough bagel recipe is inspired by the French toast my dad would make for me and my brothers on Sunday mornings. I also tried to healthify the recipe as much as I could, so I used…
- Coconut sugar instead of brown sugar
- Naturally fermented so it’s gut healthy and nutritious
- Organic pastured bacon
- A good quality maple syrup
- My favorite Nancy’s probiotic cream cheese. So delicious!
These French toast sourdough bagels are soft, maple infused with a delicious crunch of maple cinnamon sugar topping in every bite.