Sourdough Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Total Time: 36 minute
The softest sourdough snickerdoodle cookies with an irresistible chewy center and hints of warm cinnamon sugar in every bite. These easy, sourdough snickerdoodles are gut healthy, too, and made with simple ingredients like coconut sugar, coconut oil, and pastured eggs. This will be your new go-to healthy snickerdoodle recipe! Plus, they’re EVEN BETTER as an ice cream sandwich.
Sourdough Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- 110–120g Organic All Purpose Flour (I used Organic King Arthur All Purpose Flour)
- 95g Coconut Sugar (100%)
- 38g Melted Organic Refined Coconut Oil (40%)
- 27g Pastured Egg (Roughly 1/2 Egg) (28%)
- 28g Sourdough Starter (30%). Must be active starter.
- 2g Sea Salt (2%)
- 1/8 + 1/16 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
- 3 TBSP 32g Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg and add using a spoon add 27g to a medium bowl.
- Melt coconut oil until it becomes liquid (warm but not hot). Now add coconut sugar, sourdough starter, salt, and coconut oil to the medium bowl (with the egg).
- Using a spoon, mix ingredients together until combined.
- Now add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Using the back of your spoon and/or your hands combine all ingredients until you form a ball.
- Place your dough covered in a small Tupperware or wrap it in saran wrap. Be sure the dough is tightly sealed so it doesn’t become dry on the outside.
- Ferment your dough (at room temperature) on your counter for 10+ hours. You can ferment overnight or during the day, whatever works best for your schedule.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350f.
- Make the topping: Combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Divide cookie dough into 10-12 cookies, depending on how large you want your cookies to be. I like each cookie to weigh around 20-30g. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar topping. Sprinkle extra cinnamon-sugar on top if desired.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet or eat warm :). Enjoy! Cookies remain soft & fresh for 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature or store in the fridge for 7-10 days. They’re amazing chilled!
*For thinner cookies use 110g of flour and for thicker cookies use 120g of flour.
- Fermentation Time: 10+ hours
- Cook Time: 7-10 Minutes
- Category: Sourdough Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Sourdough Cookies, Sourdough Snickerdoodle Cookies, Snickerdoodle Cookies