Sourdough Apple Pie Cookies
Wonderful sourdough apple pie cookies made with cozy spices like cinnamon and vanilla and topped with an apple pie filling. These apple pie sourdough cookies are soft and chewy on the inside and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar. This recipe is one of my favorite fall cookies and will satisfy those apple pie cravings!
Why You’ll Love These Apple Pie Sourdough Cookies
- These apple pie cookies bring together all the cozy flavors you love about apple pie.
- These cookies use an active sourdough starter and a natural fermentation so they’re gut healthy!
- They’re naturally sweetened with coconut sugar which also adds the perfect nutty-carmelized flavor we love.
- These sourdough apple pie cookies are perfectly soft on the inside with just the right amount of crispy on the outside.
- Every bite is packed with fresh apples, warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and a touch of sweetness.
- Whether enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or on their own, these apple pie cookies are the perfect fall treat!
- Made with 8 simple, clean ingredients and perfectly sweetened with coconut sugar.
Health Benefits of Sourdough Cookies
But first, what is sourdough?
Our ancestors have been eating and enjoying sourdough, a nutritious food, as an essential part of their diet for over 6,000 years. Sourdough is made through sourdough fermentation, the process of fermenting grains with a probiotic culture.
Why are sourdough cookies gut healthy?
Sourdough, the ancient practice of fermenting grains with a probiotic culture, is an incredible tool that unlocks deep nutrition in the foods we love most. Sourdough cookies offer a plethora of benefits, thanks to their unique and natural fermentation process using sourdough starter. This slow and natural fermentation allows beneficial bacteria and wild yeast to work their magic, breaking down gluten and phytic acid, making the cookies easy to digest. As a result, nutrients like B vitamins, iron, and minerals become bio-available. The lower glycemic index of sourdough cookies ensures a steady and sustained release of energy (no energy crash!). But the goodness doesn’t end there – the fermentation process also synthesizes prebiotic fiber which promotes a healthy gut microbiome. All these benefits combined make sourdough cookies a delicious and gut healthy treat!
5 Health Benefits of Sourdough Cookies
- Bioavailable vitamins and minerals
- Naturally low gluten
- Gut Healthy
- Easy to Digest
Nutrition of Sourdough Apple Pie Chocolate Chip
These apple pie sourdough cookies taste like apple pie but in cookie form! They’re deliciously soft and chewy and topped with a warm cinnamon-sugar apple pie filling All you need is 8 simple ingredients to make these gut-healthy sourdough cookies. Here is the nutrition label for one apple pie sourdough cookie.
|Servings Per Recipe||12|
|Amount per serving||1 cookie|
Share with me what you make @sourdoughjesha
If you make anything from SJ, be sure to tag me on Instagram or TikTok — I love seeing your creations and featuring what you make! You can also find me on TikTok, Pinterest, or Youtube@sourdoughjesha ).
More Favorite Sourdough Cookie Recipes
If you love this recipe, try one of these next:Print