Gorgeous sourdough red velvet cookies made with simple ingredients and perfectly sweet with hints of vanilla and rich cocoa flavor. These easy red velvet cookies are soft on the inside, and super chewy with rich white chocolate chips in every bite. They’re everything you love about red velvet cake in cookie form!
- 80g Organic All Purpose Flour* (I used Organic King Arthur All Purpose Flour)
- 100g Cane Sugar, Coconut sugar works perfect too but cane sugar helps achieve a bright red color
- 12g Cocoa Powder
- 40g Melted Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 22g Sourdough Starter (Active Starter)
- 2g Sea Salt
- 1/2 – 1 TSP Natural Food Coloring
- 1/8 + 1/16 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 70g Organic White Chocolate Chips
- First, melt the coconut oil until it becomes liquid (warm but not hot). Add cane sugar, vanilla, egg yolk, sourdough starter, salt, and coconut oil to the medium bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix ingredients together until just combined. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Mixing wet ingredients prior to adding flour and baking soda will help achieve the perfect cookie texture.
- Now add flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Using the back of your spoon and/or your hands combine all ingredients until you form a dough. Do not over-mix. Now, fold in white chocolate chips.
- Place the dough covered in a small tupperware or wrapped in plastic wrap. Be sure the dough is tightly sealed so it doesn’t become dry on the outside.
- Ferment the covered dough at room temperature for 6-8 hours. You can either bake right away or transfer the covered dough to the fridge until you’re ready to bake, whatever works best for your schedule.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Divide and roll the cookie dough into 10-12 cookies, depending on how large you want your cookies to be. I like each cookie to weigh around 20-30g.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies fully cool on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
- Store sourdough cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 6 days. To reheat, bake in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 5 minutes. You can also store cookie dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Storage: Store sourdough cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 6 days. To reheat, bake in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 5 minutes. You can also store cookie dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Fermentation Time: 6-8 Hours
- Cook Time: 6-8 Minutes
- Category: Sourdough Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Red Velvet Cookies, Sourdough Cookies, Sourdough Red Velvet Cookies