Sourdough Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These brown butter chocolate chip sourdough cookies are perfectly chewy in the middle, melt-in your mouth, and studded with rich dark chocolate chunks in every bite. The key ingredient to these cookies’ irresistible flavor is the rich and nutty brown butter (which is so easy to make!). Also, don’t forget a little sprinkle of sea salt on top!
Why You’ll Love These Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
- These brown butter chocolate chip cookies have the perfect thickness and are insanely chewy with gooey centers.
- These cookies use brown butter, adding a rich and nutty flavor to each bite.
- These cookies use an active sourdough starter and a natural fermentation so they’re gut healthy!
- These brown butter chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any occasion! Share them with friends and family, or enjoy them as a nourishing treat just for yourself.
- Every bite is packed with a rich combination of brown butter, vanilla, and melty chocolate chunks.
- Made with 8 simple, clean ingredients and perfectly sweetened with coconut sugar.
Health Benefits of Sourdough Cookies
But first, what is sourdough?
Our ancestors have been eating and enjoying sourdough, a nutritious food, as an essential part of their diet for over 6,000 years. Sourdough is made through sourdough fermentation, the process of fermenting grains with a probiotic culture.
Why are sourdough cookies gut healthy?
Sourdough, the ancient practice of fermenting grains with a probiotic culture, is an incredible tool that unlocks deep nutrition in the foods we love most. Sourdough cookies offer a plethora of benefits, thanks to their unique and natural fermentation process using sourdough starter. This slow and natural fermentation allows beneficial bacteria and wild yeast to work their magic, breaking down gluten and phytic acid, making the cookies easy to digest. As a result, nutrients like B vitamins, iron, and minerals become bio-available. The lower glycemic index of sourdough cookies ensures a steady and sustained release of energy (no energy crash!). But the goodness doesn’t end there – the fermentation process also synthesizes prebiotic fiber which promotes a healthy gut microbiome. All these benefits combined make sourdough cookies a delicious and gut healthy treat!
5 Health Benefits of Sourdough Cookies
- Bioavailable vitamins and minerals
- Naturally low gluten
- Gut Healthy
- Easy to Digest
Nutrition of Sourdough Brown Butter Chocolate Chip
Get ready to level up your dessert game with these brown butter chocolate chip sourdough cookies! They’re gooey, perfectly soft and chewy, and sooo good. All you need is 8 simple ingredients to make them. Here is the nutrition label for one Sourdough Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
|Servings Per Recipe||12|
|Amount per serving||1 cookie|
Share with me what you make @sourdoughjesha
If you make anything from SJ, be sure to tag me on Instagram or TikTok — I love seeing your creations and featuring what you make! You can also find me on TikTok, Pinterest, or Youtube@sourdoughjesha ).
More Favorite Sourdough Cookie Recipes
If you love this recipe, try one of these next:Print