Incredible sourdough apple pie cookies made with a perfectly spiced apple pie topping thanks to cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. These sourdough cookies are everything you love about apple pie but in cookie form. They’re soft on the inside, perfectly spiced, and topped with a warm apple pie topping that gets caramelized when baked. They’re the perfect treat for a cozy fall day!
- 100g Organic All Purpose Flour* (I used Organic King Arthur All Purpose Flour)
- 96g Coconut Sugar
- 38g Melted Organic Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg Tolk
- 22g Sourdough Starter (Active Starter)
- 2g Sea Salt
- 1/8 + 1/16 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/8 TSP Nutmeg
Apple Pie Topping:
- 1/2 Large Apple, Peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 TSP Cane Sugar
- 1 TSP Coconut Sugar
- 1/8 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/16 TSP Nutmeg
- Optional: Soft Caramels
- First, melt the coconut oil until it becomes liquid (warm but not hot). Add the coconut sugar, vanilla, egg yolk, sourdough starter, salt, and coconut oil to the medium bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix ingredients together until just combined.
- Now add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Using the back of your spoon combine all ingredients until you form a dough. Do not over mix.
- Place the dough covered in a small tupperware or wrapped in plastic wrap. Be sure the dough is tightly sealed so it doesn’t become dry on the outside.
- Ferment the covered dough at room temperature for 6-8 hours. You can either bake right away or transfer the covered dough to the fridge until you’re ready to bake, whatever works best for your schedule.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Add finely chopped apples and topping ingredients to a small bowl and mix to coat the apples.
- Divide and roll the cookie dough into 10-12 cookies, depending on how large you want your cookies to be. I like each cookie to weigh around 20-30g. Press down the middle and add 2 TSP of apple pie topping. Optional: Cut one soft caramel in half and place on top of each cookie in the center.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies fully cool on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
- Store baked sourdough cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 6 days. To reheat, bake in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 5 minutes. You can also store cookie dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Storage: Store baked sourdough cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 6 days. To reheat, bake in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 5 minutes. You can also store cookie dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 days or in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Fermentation Time: 6-8 Hours
- Cook Time: 6-8 Minutes
- Category: Sourdough Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Sourdough Cookies, Apple Pie Sourdough Cookies, Sourdough Apple Pie Cookies