Nacho Cheddar Cheese Sourdough Bagels
Deliciously cheesy nacho cheddar cheese sourdough bagels are the ultimate, healthy comfort breakfast! This sourdough bagel recipe makes a batch of perfectly soft and chewy bagels with melty cheese and a delicious crunch of corn chips in every bite. They’re made with simple, real ingredients like grass-fed cheese, masa corn chips, and guacamole. Plus, the bagels are naturally fermented with sourdough starter so they’re gut healthy too!
Why You’ll Love These Nacho Cheese Sourdough Bagels
- Grass-fed cheddar cheese provides beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, and vital nutrients like Vitamin E and Beta Carotene, and supports a healthy heart and immune system.
- These cheddar cheese bagels are loaded with three types of cheese for a rich and savory flavor.
- These bagels are naturally fermented with sourdough starter to support gut health. Never any yeast!
- No seed oils, refined sugars, or artificial ingredients. Just a touch of raw honey!
- They’re soft and chewy with a layer of crispy and melty cheese in every bite.
- The bagel dough is enriched with cheddar cheese and topped with three types of cheese, diced onions, and a sprinkle of corn chips for the perfect nacho flavor.
Health Benefits of Sourdough Bagels
But first, what is sourdough?
Our ancestors have been eating and enjoying sourdough, a nutritious food, as an essential part of their diet for over 6,000 years. Sourdough is made through sourdough fermentation, the process of fermenting grains with a probiotic culture.
Why are sourdough bagels gut healthy and nutritious?
Sourdough bagels offer a plethora of gut-healthy benefits, thanks to their unique and natural fermentation process using sourdough starter. This slow and natural fermentation allows beneficial bacteria and wild yeast to work their magic, breaking down gluten and phytic acid, making the bagels easy to digest. As a result, nutrients like B vitamins, iron, and minerals become bio-available. The lower glycemic index of sourdough bagels ensures a steady and sustained release of energy (no energy crash!). With the addition of whole-grain flour, these bagels provide a nourishing blend of fiber, protein, and essential nutrients. But the goodness doesn’t end there – the fermentation process also synthesizes prebiotic fiber which promotes a healthy gut microbiome. All these benefits combined make sourdough bagels a delicious and nutritious food that supports overall well-being (and is one of my favorite ways to start the day!)
8 Health Benefits of Sourdough Bagels
- Supports Gut Health
- Bioavailable vitamins and minerals
- Naturally Low Gluten
- Easy to Digest
- Low Glycemic
- Prebiotic Fiber
Nutrition of Nacho Cheddar Cheese Sourdough Bagels
These nacho cheese sourdough bagels are made with simple, clean ingredients like whole wheat flour, omega-3 rich grass-fed cheese, and raw honey. Savory and rich but still light! Here is the nutrition label for one nacho cheddar sourdough bagel.
Note: The nutrition information includes 2 tablespoons of guacamole cream cheese.
Share with me what you make @sourdoughjesha
If you make anything from SJ, be sure to tag me on Instagram or TikTok — I love seeing your creations and featuring what you make! You can also find me on TikTok, Pinterest, or Youtube @sourdoughjesha).
More Favorite Sourdough Bagel Recipes
If you love this recipe, try one of these next:Print